Wellbeing Support And Virtual Debrief (WeSAVeD)
These VLOGs have been created by Psychotherapist Chris Oxborrow. Click on each VLOG title to direct you to each video.
"My name is Chris Oxborrow, I am a Psychotherapist and have been invited to provide additional online well-being support to medical trainees during the Covid19 pandemic. Through my therapy practice I support often high achieving professionals who may have experienced a life event or circumstances that are now causing disruption to their wellbeing or work-life balance, so that they can improve their sense of control, purpose, wellbeing and resilience. The following vlogs are to address more specifically some of the issues raised by trainees in the wellbeing support groups and provide you with hopefully quick and helpful techniques to address the unique challenges you may be experiencing during this crisis.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or ways I can support you further - firstname.lastname@example.org."
VLOG 1 : 'Lean in, lean out' - A vlog inviting you to reflect on how you may have supported your wellbeing in the past and how you may need to adapt your self-care in the current situation.
VLOG 2 : Three 'lean in' wellbeing techniques - The Regular Relaxation Response, Effortful Training and Creative Expression.
Fortnightly Well-being Group Sessions
Also facilitated by Chris Oxborrow these fortnightly well-being groups are a space where trainees can discuss stresses and difficulties during the current situation caused by a COVID. Sessions start from the 9th October 1-2pm and are accessed via ZOOM - Wellbeing Group Zoom Link
For further information please see group guidance
Health Education England
Return to Work
Wellbeing at Work
Annual Wellbeing Day
Our NHS People
The Our NHS People website has been launched, a growing resource of health and wellbeing support for the health and care system. Guides developed by experts for everyone in the health and care workforce include bereavement support, financial wellbeing guides for managers and a debrief resource called #10minPauseSpace
Additional staff support:
- Helpline - a free wellbeing support helpline 0300 131 7000, available from 7.00 am – 11.00 pm seven days a week, providing confidential listening from trained professionals and specialist advice - including coaching, bereavement care, mental health and financial help
- Text - a 24/7 text alternative to the above helpline - simply text FRONTLINE to 85258
- SilverCloud - Mental Health Modules for Stress, Resilience, Sleep and Anxiety. Use the code NHS2020
- Apps - free access to mental health apps including Unmind, Headspace, Sleepio and Daylight
- Twitter - Support @people_nhs on twitter for all the latest news, event and to join an active community.
NHS Horizons : Weekly Wellbeing Webinars
Weekly Wellbeing Webinars are being held for those with a role in workforce, occupational health, organisational development, leadership, trade union support or other area that is supporting the wellbeing of our NHS people during and following the Covid-19 response.
Join NHS Horizon’s virtual session on Wednesday 4pm to 5pm, or listen back to previous sessions at: horizonnhs.com/caring4nhspeople
Topics covered in April include:
- Health and wellbeing of our NHS people during the Covid-19 response
- Managing stress
- The CARE model for recovery
- Listening to and supporting BAME colleagues during and beyond Covid-19 #Caring4NHSPeople